Woodworking Private Instruction with Ernie Conover
Ernie Conover accepts private students. This very successful program allows up to two individuals to tailor a course to their exact needs and time constraints.
Bring Ernie to Your Shop: Ernie will travel to your shop for three-day or longer workshops. You and your friends can fashion a class to your needs in your own shop. Pricing provided upon ascertaining your needs.
Call and Arrange Your Class: Please feel free to call (440) 548-3491 to schedule a class. You can also email a list of questions with a convenient time to reach you and we will call you at that time with the answers.
- Cost at Our Location: $400 per day.
- Number of Students: One or two
- Materials: What is used on a cost basis.
- Deposit: A non-refundable $200 deposit is required to reserve a time slot and will not be rolled over to a later date or class.
What Can Be Taught In Private Instruction
One Day-Great gift for a woodworker or woodturner
- Turning: Sharpen your tools and basic spindle or faceplate tool use.
- Handtool Joinery: Sharpen and tune your tools and basic instruction on their use including the use of bench planes.
- Machine Joinery: Learn correct and safe operation of stationary and portable machine tools
Two Days-Enough time to hone skills
- Turning: Sharpen your tools and learn to turn spindles (great for chairmakers) or bowls.
- Handtool Joinery: Sharpen and tune your tools/planes and learn to hand cut dovetails and mortise and tenon joints.
- Machine Joinery: Learn correct and safe operation of stationary and portable machine tools and build a simple project such as a box or a drawer.
Three to Five Days-Exactly what you want at time you choose
- Turning: Learn to sharpen your tools and become proficient at turning bowls and spindles.
- Handtool Joinery: Make a project such as a wall cupboard, a dovetailed box with a lid or a table.
- Machine Joinery: Learn safe operation of stationary and portable machine tools in the building of a piece of furniture or kitchen cabinets.
For anyone owning, or considering the purchase of Festools, we can provide instruction in their correct use. If you are looking to build kitchen cabinets on a small scale Festools are an excellent option. We can ground you in the Festool System in as little as a day and teach you to build 32mm cabinets in 3 to 5 days.