Stay with the Conovers
About Our Home
We invite you to stay with us during your class at Conover Workshops. We have three dormered rooms on the second floor of our home. One room has a private bathroom; the other two rooms share a bath.
We have two household cats and a parrot, which provide plenty of entertainment. We have guinea fowl wandering our fields from sun-up to sun-down which are not aggressive. Our home has no television. Description of each room, photos and rates are located below.
While we provide breakfast you are responsible for your own lunch and dinner. Amish constitute 55% of our small town's population. Fast food and the Amish do not go hand in hand. With that said, there is a Subway within ¼ of a mile. For your evening meal options there are some lovely restaurants within a 15-minute drive
Contact Susan Conover for room availability and reservations.
The Space: Accommodates 5 People;3 Bedrooms; 2 full Baths; 3 Beds
- Breakfast is provided. A simple meal of sliced cheeses, hard breads, fresh fruit, cereals and local eggs. If you have any dietary considerations please advise and we will attempt to accommodate your needs.
- Kitchen access for making lunch only – ample refrigerator/freezer space available
- We encourage you to explore our area by enjoying the local restaurants in the evenings
- Essentials include sheets, towels, hair dryer, soap and toilet paper
- Air Conditioning (window units in bedrooms only)
- Wireless High speed Internet
- Extra people: $15 per night
- Deposit Required: One night’s stay will be required
- Cancellation: Forfeiture of deposit if less than two weeks prior to arrival.
- Minimum stay: Two nights
- Check In Time: After 4pm
- Check Out Time: After your class has ended.
- Absolutely no smoking in or out of our house
Room #1 – Queen-size bed and in-suite bathroom. This is the best room for couples. Rate: $65/night
Private bathe for Room 1.
Room #2 – Queen-size bed with a shared bathroom down the hall. Rate: $55/night
Room #3 – Twin-size bed with a shared bathroom down the hall. Rate: $45/night
Shared Bath for Rooms 2 & 3.
Hotels and Motels
Red Maple Inn
14707 South Cheshire
Burton, OH 44020
Average Nightly Rate $99: Includes full breakfast. Approx. 10 minutes away.
Punderson Resort Manor
Route 87 Newbury, OH
Conover Studen/Corporatet Rate $85 Approx. 20 minutes away.
Holiday Inn Express Newton Falls/Warren
4185 State Route 5
Newton Falls, OH 44444
Average Nightly Rate $100. Approx. 20 minutes away. Convenient location to downtown Warren.
Bed and Breakfast Inns
The Farm House
16650 Nash Road
Middlefield, OH 44062
Reservations: 415-333-8631 (Pacific Time Zone)
Nightly Rate $150 for two people and $25 for each additional person. Approx. 5 minutes away.
The Farm House is a completely furnished 4 bedroom home that you can rent for a weekend or longer. It is located on 100 acres with a large lake, all to yourself, in the quiet of Amish country and is a great deal if two or more want good accommodations with a working kitchen.
Goodwin House B & B
14485 N. Cheshire St.
Burton, Ohio 44021
Discounted rate of $90 per night offered to Conover Workshop students who stay three nights or more.
Stay in this 180 years old classic Greek Revival Bed & Breakfast in nearby Burton, Ohio. Much of the home’s interior is original. Blending old with new, this Bed & Breakfast offers a private en-suite bath for each guest room. The bathrooms include separate tiled shower and 2-person Jacuzzi air tubs. The rooms also feature 4-season fireplaces, wireless (and “wired”) Internet, and a flat panel TV with DVD player. A full breakfast is served.
Old Stone House Bed and Breakfast
8505 Route 534
PO Box 177
Mesopotamia, OH 44439
Darcy Miller, Innkeeper email@example.com
330 550 0285
440 693 4186
Sandstone home circa 1815 has unique architectural details in a peaceful, quiet country setting. For Conover students, $79 with breakfast and private baths. Including furnished kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave. Located 15 minutes northeast of Conover in Mesopotamia.
15154 South State Ave.
Middlefield, OH 44062
Call: 440 632 0334
In nearby Middlefield, OH, Batavia House is a furnished apartment that includes:
- Private entrance
- Completely furnished (sheets, towels, pots, pans, dishes, etc.)
- Air conditioned
- Internet / wi-fi / cable tv
- Washer and dryer
- Great location-10 minute drive to workshop
$95.00 per night - 3 night minimum
Punderson State Park
11755 Kinsman Road
Newbury, OH 44065